Friday, November 18, 2011

Beginners Luck...

I won another blog candy, this time from Holley over at Holley's Blog on her Epilepsy Awareness Blog Hop. Well that is probably the end of my luck. But I won some fabulous prizes and I am going to enjoy them so very much. Thanks to the ladies that I won the prizes from. I really can't wait to get to use them. Holley's prize for me was a set of Inkadinkado Stamps dealing with Christmas. They are due to arrive just in time for me to finish up the Christmas cards I still have to do. I think there is only a few.

I worked on my project today, it needs some finessing done to it but I got the general principal of it down I think. Here is what it is I been working on today....keep in mind this is my first run, by no means my final project.

 The instructions I had said to print it on copy paper which I did, but I need to figure out a way to waterproof the ink. I am thinking I need to take it to the photo lab let them print it out for me, then try again with the mod podging. Because the photo faded out at the top which is not what I wanted at all. And its got a few wrinkles in it. I tried to get those out but I couldn't. So while I am waiting on my photos to get here, I am trying to find a way to waterproof the photo itself.  So that's what I will be doing tomorrow.

The photo is the last photo taken of my youngest brother, Mikey, before he passed away in 2008. I plan on making one of them for all 4 of us remaining siblings for Christmas. Well they get theirs at Christmas I am getting mine when its done. :)

So until next time....Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment